Aujas helps communication service providers and OEMs protect critical data and develop risk management frameworks for networks as well as newer technologies such as mobile applications. This enables our telecom clients to manage risk effectively and enhance their profitability and competitiveness.
In the telecom industry, threats are advancing faster than security efforts. Telecom companies face increasingly sophisticated intruders who easily bypass traditional security measures such as firewalls, web content filters, and malware or virus protection software. What’s more, state-of-the-art technologies such as cloud computing, mobile applications, and BYOD (bring your own device) are often implemented before they are secured.
Telecom companies need to continually improve their technology safeguards and processes to protect core networks. More importantly, they need to evolve their security strategies so that information risk is managed effectively across networks, value-added service (VAS) applications, AppStores, and more.
Global telecom corporations have leveraged Aujas’ expertise for critical security and risk management initiatives, including:
Telecoms must comply with stringent standards and regulations. Our risk and compliance services cover the entire information security landscape and include:
- An integrated governance, risk and compliance (GRC) management approach that allows our clients to build a system that integrates all the compliance requirements, minimizing audit fatigue.
- A compliance readiness assessment plus assistance with readiness efforts. Our Compliance Manager solution helps our clients automate self-assessments.
- IT GRC automation using RSA Archer eGRC Suite. We support our customers through the lifecycle of blueprinting and deploying the solution, integrating it with processes and systems, and then managing it.
Learn more about our risk and compliance management services.
The telecommunications industry is heavily dependent on data, so protecting it is of prime importance.
Our data protection service helps our clients identify and classify sensitive data as it is stored, processed and transported across the organization. We help our clients:
- Establish a data protection framework and strategy that governs the management of sensitive data such as customer and payment card data, strategic and intellectual property information, etc.
- Conduct a data flow assessment (DFA) to identify where and how sensitive data is stored and used. We also conduct data leakage risk assessments (DLRA) to identify breach vectors and the risk of potential breaches.
- Integrate popular data protection technologies such as data leakage prevention (DLP), database activity monitoring (DAM), information rights management (IRM), data encryption, tokenization and masking/redaction technologies.
- Monitor their data protection technologies to identify potential data breach incidents, manage consequences, improve effectiveness by fine-tuning rule bases, and moving rules to active protection from passive monitoring.
Our data protection experts work with our telecom clients’ stakeholders and IT teams to identify and secure sensitive data. Learn more about our data protection services
Managing digital identities and ensuring access is provided only to authorized users is key to information security. Our telecom clients get end-to-end services for Identity and Access Management (IAM), including:
- Strategy and design – We evaluate client needs via executive workshops and field assessments and then provide a detailed strategy and roadmap for implementing enterprise-wide IAM initiatives. We also assist our clients with business case analysis, technology evaluation, and solution architecture.
- Role engineering and entitlement management – We help our clients define roles and manage entitlements to ensure employees have only the access that is required to do their job effectively and only for as long as they do that job. Policy-based dynamic controls allow for automating who can have access to what, at what time, and in what context.
- Access management – We help our customers implement complete solutions for enterprise access management, including web access management, single sign-on, and converged access control.
- Sustenance and optimization – As an end-to-end solution provider, our support is available to sustain and optimize our clients’ IAM solutions. Identity access management is never static; systems need to evolve with enhancements and upgrades.
Our Identity and Access Management (IAM) solutions are vendor-agnostic, ensuring that our clients get the right IAM solution for their needs. Learn more about our IAM services
We assist our telecom clients in assessing and securing mobile applications, application stores, payment services products, USSD apps and mobile devices:
- Mobile application security – We test for vulnerabilities in mobile applications with penetration testing (black/gray box), secure code review, reverse engineering and API’s security testing. We also help remediate the vulnerabilities found.
- Mobile application store security – We perform security assessments for internal apps, external apps, and open API’s. We also conduct secure code reviews, and malicious patterns verifications, and assess device OS and dependent Telco’s components.
- Mobile payment security – We assess mobile payment applications, conduct secure code review and reverse engineering of payment gateways and application API/interfaces.
- USSD/DSTK application security – We assess USSD/DSTK applications, USSD gateways, and USSD application server frameworks. We review and analyze USSD logs, USSD-based payment application’s PCI-DSS and payment forum’s compliance pre-audit.
- Enterprise mobile data management services – We help clients with enterprise data fragmentation; access control for critical business data and for business applications usage; mobile content management; data storage encryption, and authentication for fragmentized data.
- Mobile device security – We review the mobile devices’ security configuration; prepare customized device security policies and user awareness programs; and assess mobile platforms and operating systems (Android, iOS, Symbian, Blackberry, J2ME, and BADA).
Our secure design methodology for mobile applications and extensive cryptography experience help our clients secure data storage, deploy protocols such as SMS, USSD, 3G, GPRS and WAP, and reduce software re-engineering and compliance costs.
Learn more about our mobile security services.
Solution Design & Implementation for Managing Privileged IDs in Telecom Environment
Aujas designed an innovative solution to manage shared IDs over 4000+ devices distributed over a country wide network. Aujas leveraged Identity and Access to bring in accountability and ease of use in running telecom NOC operations.read more
Archer eGRC Automation for a Large Telecom Client
Today’s information security experts are wise to focus on cybercrime detection and prevention. Cyber criminals are using very sophisticated attack vectors such as advanced persistent threat (APT), zero-day attacks, and spear-phishing to compromise systems and steal data. Multiple point technologies have emerged to help organizations detect and prevent these attacks. What many companies lack, however, is a structured, cohesive and integrated program to leverage security intelligence from all tools to improve cyber defense, and prevent and manage security incidents consistently.read more
Securing Enterprise Mobility
Our client is one of the largest telecom companies in Middle East Asia, with a customer base approaching 2.4 million. They had launched enterprise mobile applications to their users and implemented Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) for their employees.read more